Tuesday, October 28, 2008

OUA's

Mother Nature unleashed her fury on Fort Henry hill for the OUA Cross Country Championships on Saturday. Heavy rain, 45km/hr winds and cool temperatures made it the harshest OUAs in years. However, everyone was in the same boat, toughing it out for the 10 muddy km of racing. I placed 30th out of the 98 fastest runners in Ontario. My main rival, well 2 of them, Jonas Holmberg from lakehead U finished just ahead of me by 6 seconds and Tyler Pettes did his usual move and out kicked me for the 4th time. Over all im real happy. This qualified me for the CIS (Nationals) in 2 weeks in Quebec City to go against Canada's best. i have no idea how that will go but i know it will be tough! im excited to finish off my university career by finally making CIS and rest my leg and let it heal 100% so i can start training in the wintertime for World Champs Triathlon in Gold Coast, Australia in September!

No comments: