Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mexico

Well, as i catch my breath, what i can say is the altitude is a different experience. I'm sitting at nearly 7000 feet and the weather is beautiful. warm days and very cool nights. I went for a nice 10k run yesterday, at a pace i usually go at for a nice cruise. It went fine, but it felt like i hadn't ran for a month and was struggling to keep running. The altitude makes you feel out of shape...that's how to explain it, along with headaches. The scenery here in Chapala and Ajijic is beautiful and authentically Mexican. cobblestone streets and narrow roads with small shops set up all around, makes running exciting and easy to turn a recovery run into a long easy sightseeing event. Today I'm off to see Guadalajara and finish the day off with some Hills....wish me luck.

No comments: