Wednesday, August 13, 2008

So, K-town tri was awesome. Swim was long, bike was great with a moderate headwind on the way back and the run had perfect conditions. However, i think my run was a bit too rough on my lower left leg and i am now in pain, limping and trying to be positive about a possible stress fracture......which is hard to do. This may affect whether i do cross country this season or not, but i have got to take care of it so i can get back to things quickly and not end up like Kristen Sweetland who has a stress fracture on her heel which she ran through and was out for a bit. I hope things get better quickly. UGHHHH its frustrating when you love a sport soo much and you cant train for it. i guess i better take advantage of resting a bit before training gets underway. However i CAN swim and bike which is fun as well. I am taking advantage of swimming in the lakes before they get too cold and i have to resort to the indoor pools.
I am done school in the wintertime and have an oppertuinity to train for a while in Hawaii. A family friend who lives there has offered me to stay for a while and take advantage of the waters and hills of Oahu in warm weather while it is depressing and cold in Canada during the wintertime. I hope to train there and get a solid base training season in.

My brother Andrew is running now....sometimes...and will be on the trent XC team this year. He's a great runner. if he sticks to it he should be able to run fast within the next year maybe breaking the 16 min 5k barrier. Trent's XC team looks good and i hope all goes well...including my damn lower left shin!!! ughh.

For now its simply swimming, biking and ....water running?

No comments: