Saturday, May 8, 2010

Thinking

Im in the midst of thinking about what to pursue, as far as my life goes. How to Balance sport and life. As far as things go im still looking for a well paying job while really gearing to step up my act in the sport of triathlon. So far its been a long year and im deciding what to do. I am not sure whether to stay with the ITU race series or move to the 70.3 series for this year. I have yet to sign up for a race so far but i need to do so soon.
As far as training goes, its moderate. I am currently training once a day and balancing the long days at work with sleep. Swimming is going well right now, not feeling as out of shape in the pool as i did in the beginning of winter. Running is steady, but not really organized. I say this because i am only really doing one workout type with running. Mostly tempo, and have not moved towards interval training yet, but i will soon.
Cycling is on its way and am excited for the potential new bike as my current steed is getting old and fragile. She (yes its a girl) has done me well in the past, i certainty cannot deny that but what could i do with a bike 4 pounds lighter??.

I have been watching a lot of ITU races this year on the net and it is really pumping me up to get back into that style of racing. However, right now i need my drafting card to be able to race and i haven't had the chance to get it as they are far and limited.

Race season is soon to come, and right now is the time to step it up. I have a feeling this year is going to be a real prep year and the next will be the time to light it up.

Thats all for now

Scott Takala

No comments: